Monday, July 9, 2018

To Blog or Not To Blog - That is the Question

This summer I have been finishing the last class for my Ed Tech Endorsement.  One requirement was to write a post about creating a personal learning network, addressing my proposed community and my community within my school.  I believe that PLN's are something that will be with us as long as 21st-century education is on the table.  We have PLN's within our schools already set up but the idea is to expand our scope beyond the school.  

As a Special Educator, it is important for me to reach out to others to get answers to questions, to do things in a more efficient way and learn from others mistakes.  This is where a larger PLN would be beneficial.  In my own school, we meet as a department and work together to share ideas, information, and strategies.  This is a great place to start but we must reach beyond our walls.

That being said, I don't feel that blogging is the medium for me.  I feel the time spent to sit down and write my thoughts and ideas can be better spent somewhere else.  The key to blogging is getting read and shared.  I prefer to keep my blogging PLN one that includes parents and teachers that I associate.  I prefer to use other sources to find others who can help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Blog or Not To Blog - That is the Question

This summer I have been finishing the last class for my Ed Tech Endorsement.  One requirement was to write a post about creating a personal ...